Anna Kihlström and Jacob Lönnström are active outdoor people who take their daughter with them on most outdoor activities. How do they do it? Here are their tips:
- Take the time to plan. Outdoor activities with kids undeniably require more planning. So give yourself the time to think through what you need to take with you. It’s always better to leave 10 (or 30) minutes late if it means you have the essentials with you. This is especially important when you are going somewhere with no amenities – like the mountains!
- Be flexible. Be prepared that things never turn out exactly the way you had planned. It’s good to be willing and able to change your plans if necessary.
- Lower your expectations. Don’t overdo things! One hour in the mountains with a snack can be more rewarding than several hours of high-octane hiking. Just a short time spent on outdoor activities with kids can be a welcome break from your daily routine and recharges your serenity and energy levels.
- Choose outdoor activities with kids close at hand. Make things easier for yourself by choosing destinations close by that are easy to reach. Outdoor activities with kids are always preferable to sitting at home.
- Just go! Outdoor activities with kids don’t need to be complicated – quite the contrary. Pack the essentials and just go! Take things as they come. Have fun :)
Anna and Jacob live in Åre. Part 2, coming soon: Here are their top tips for outdoor activities with kids in Åre, a leading ski resort in Sweden.
Watch the video about Baby Carrier One Outdoors with Anna and Jacob and their daughter Edith.
About Anna and Jacob in the article
Anna Kihlström works as Visual Merchandiser at Peak Performance. She likes skiing, interior design and working out. Jacob Lönnström works at Peak Performance, and is also a retained firefighter and gym owner. He likes CrossFit, as well as downhill and cross-country skiing. Both Anna and Jacob are models for Babybjörn’s new baby carrier One Outdoors.