Before the Big Tell – 7 awkward situations
1. When you go out for drinks with friends and have to say you’re taking antibiotics to explain why you can’t drink alcohol.
2. When your parents-in-law invite you to dinner and you have to (regretfully) refuse the cold-cuts platter they’ve prepared especially for you because they know it’s your favourite.
3. When your colleagues can’t understand why you’re avoiding coffee, when you’re normally more of a five-mugs-a-day kinda gal.
Don’t miss: Morning sickness – everything you need to know
4. When your friends admire the naturalness of your “no-makeup look”.
5. When it’s the second time this week that someone’s discovered you gently snoring in the office wellness room.
6. When a colleague shows a cute YouTube clip at a meeting and you have to rush out of the room in floods of tears.
7. When your fashion choices inexplicably change from sleek and tight fitting to flowing and baggy.
How to dress your bump: Maternity clothes hacks